Warning: Declaration of description_walker::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = NULL, $id = 0) in /nfs/c01/h06/mnt/2057/domains/lakeshoreprofessionals.com/html/wp-content/themes/theme/blitz3/functions.php on line 4
FAQ | Tax Preparation, Accounting Services, Muskegon, Mi
Call: (231) 747-6369


What is this post card the State of MI sent me?
The post card that the State of MI sent you is just a mandatory reminder that the State of MI has to send out every year to remind you to claim your refund that you received from your previous year’s tax return.

What is this paper the State of MI sent me about my property taxes?
The State of MI my have the wrong amount that you may have paid on your property taxes regarding that years tax return. All the State of MI needs is a copy of your property taxes, but not off of your mortgage statement. You could get a copy of this from your county’s Treasury’s Office, City, or Township.

How long will it take for me to get my refund back?
If we sent in your Tax Return electronically, it should be direct deposited into your bank account within 5 to 10 business days (Business days are NOT including holidays or weekends) for the Federal refund to come back. This is only an estimate. You can go to www.lakeshoreprofessionals.com website and click on “Where’s My Refund”, fill in all the necessary fields and they can let you know when your refund should be direct deposited.

When should I make an appointment for my taxes?
You can make an appointment to come in and get your taxes done when you have all your information for your tax return. However, we cannot do any tax returns before January 1st. Call the office number at 231-903-4099.

Do I need to make an appointment?
Some people prefer to drop off, mail in, or fax us their tax information to have us prepare their tax return. If this option would suit you better with your busy schedule we can prepare your return on a first-come, first-served bases in a timely manner. When we are done with your tax return one of our staff will contact you. We do recommend that if this is your first year with our firm that you do make an appointment to have your taxes done in our offices.

What should I bring in for my Personal Tax Return?
When you get your taxes done, you should bring in your W-2 and/or any 1099’s. You should also bring in any mortgage statements, or if you rent bring in the amount you pay in rent, the Landlord’s name or Business name and if you pay utilities and how much. If you have any dependents you should bring in their names, date of birth and Social Security Number. If you receive Social Security, or any retirement information. In other words all income and all expenses from all sources. We will help you determine what is needed. Please have any receipts sorted and totaled.

What is an Organizer?
An organizer is a packet we can send you or you can get off of our website that has your last years information on it or it can be blank. This organizer helps you organize your tax information and help you see what other information you will need to bring in. The organizer also helps us with entering in your information faster, easier and more accurately.

What do I do if I get a letter from a Government Agency (Internal Revenue Service, State of Michigan, City, etc.)?
If you receive a letter from a government agency you should bring that letter into our offices as soon as possible. The sooner you can get us that information the sooner we can go over your options and make a decision that would be in your best interest and go over your choices with you. We must see the letter, reading it over the phone will not help us.

Comments are closed.

  • Terrace Plaza

    316 Morris Ave #420
    Muskegon, MI 49440

    (231) 747-6369